Last Updated: 11/12/2017
Planning a move in the New Year? Start your planning over the holiday period with our top tips to make selling your property as easy as possible.
- Clean. A really deep clean costs very little, but goes along way to give buyers the right impression of your home.
- Declutter. Personal items that show the lovely life your family have enjoyed in the property are not what a buyer has come to see – they want to imagine the lovely life they could create there, so be sure to give them the space to do that.
- Remove bulky furniture. If it’s too big for the space you risk making your property appear smaller. Temporary storage might be a possible solution here.
- Spruce decoration & keep it simple. Most households have a to-do list of odd jobs like fixing a kitchen drawer that no longer closes properly or replacing cracked tiles. Potential buyers may notice minor issues and worry they’re a bigger problem. Pay attention to detail.
- Let there be light. A naturally sunny home is something most buyers dream of but if you think your property needs a boost you can keep décor light, use mirrors to reflect light and remove anything that might block those rays shining through.
- Curb appeal. Mow the lawn, clear the gutters, paint window frames. Look at your neighbour’s homes and compare – what will a potential buyer think?